A half day course for those undertaking the role of chaperone
This course is designed for those undertaking the role of chaperone and will enable them to be more confident in the role and to act in the patient’s interest
The objectives of this course are to enable delegates to:
- explain what is meant by the term chaperone;
- recognise the need for a practice chaperone;
- describe what is meant by an intimate examination;
- understand the rights of the patient;
- explain the role and responsibility of a chaperone;
- communicate effectively with patients.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.