This one day course is designed to introduce participants to the field of dentistry and enable them to learn basic dental terminology, including common prefixes, root words and suffixes.
The course is suitable for everyone working in the dental field without dental training including dental receptionists, practice managers and dental nurses.
The objectives of this course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- describe how medical terms are formed and be able to state the meaning of specific terms related to dentistry;
- identify the anatomical parts of the tooth, gingiva and upper/lower jaw bones;
- describe the difference between dental caries, erosion and periodontal disease;
- explain the importance of oral hygiene and associated health issues;
- recognise methods of dental charting;
- explain why there are different dental specialties and the principles of each.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.