This two-day course is designed to enable delegates to identify root words and recognise prefixes and suffixes associated with various body systems and associated diseases.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to identify common abbreviations and construct complete medical terms.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- Identify root word terminology relating to:
- ear, nose and throat (ENT);
- obstetrics and gynaecology;
- general medicine/general surgery.
- recognise medical prefixes and suffixes;
- recognise medical abbreviations including those relating to the above subjects;
- gain a basic understanding of other abbreviations used in the medical field.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.