The one day Ophthalmology course will give participants an introduction to areas of ophthalmology including anatomy, terminology and ophthalmic conditions and their treatment.
Although originally developed for a health insurer this course is suitable for everyone working in the field of ophthalmics who has little or no formal training in the area.
The objectives of this course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- describe the anatomy and physiology of the eye;
- decipher medical terminology and abbreviations related to the eye and eye conditions;
- understand normal eyesight;
- explain common eye tests and investigations;
- explain common eye conditions and the medical and surgical interventions used to treat them.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.