This course is designed to enable delegates to understand the concepts behind the naming of trade and generic drugs.
Delegates will learn how medicines are classified and will gain practical experience using MIMS. The course also deals with prescription transcriptions and drug related abbreviations.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- Explain the concept of trade and generic drug names;
- Recognise classifications of medicines;
- Identify routes of administration;
- State the meaning of prescription abbreviations;
- Use MIMS more effectively.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.