This 3 hour course was developed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic crisis and will be delivered online over Zoom.
The Summarising Medical Records & QOF course allows delegates to learn how to organise and summarise medical records. It includes ‘off-line’ hands-on practical exercises using hard copy materials supplied to delegates before the session.
Delegates also learn associated abbreviations and appreciate confidentiality issues around medical records. In addition the course enables delegates to understand the relevance of summarising in relation to the achievement of QOF clinical targets.
The practical lessons are discussed in the light of each delegate’s own practice protocol.
The course is designed to enable participants to:
- understand the importance of having a logical approach to summarising medical records;
- create protocols for summarising medical records in conjunction with their Practice Manager and GPs;
- summarise medical records in an efficient and effective manner;
- manage and edit EPR;
- gain an overview of QOF clinical targets and how summarising can help in the achievement of these targets;
- understand how confidentiality can become compromised in the process of summarising;
- understand clinical governance responsibilities;
- identify underlying conditions.
Please note that this course does not cover practical issues in relation to data entry or specific read code usage.