This 3 hour course was developed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic crisis and will be delivered online over Zoom.
The Understanding Investigations – Just Blood course is for both new and experienced non-clinical staff who have responsibility to administer investigations and results.
It is also highly appropriate for non-clinical staff who encounter pathology terms and abbreviations in the course of their work, and who would like to have a clearer understanding of them.
The objectives of this course are to enable delegates to:
- understand the physiology of blood;
- demonstrate knowledge of commonly requested blood tests;
- identify common reference ranges
- recognise red flag signs and symptoms
- understand blood terminology
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.