The Understanding Investigations course is designed to enable delegates to better understand the purpose of test investigations and their results.
Delegates will be able to identify the normal values of common haematological investigations, decipher the more common pathology and radiology reports and recognise associated jargon and abbreviations.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- describe the physiology of blood;
- explain frequently requested blood tests and the conditions or diseases which may be associated with them;
- demonstrate knowledge of male and female screening including cytology;
- describe common gastrointestinal and cardiology investigations;
- identify common normal values;
- state the meaning of common investigation abbreviations.
All delegates will be provided with a course manual and will be issued with a certificate upon completion of the course.