The one day Understanding Oncology course is designed to give participants an overview of oncology thus enabling them to be more effective in their roles.
Originally put together for a health insurer the course is ideal for anyone coming across issues related to oncology, or patients suffering from cancer, in their day to day role.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- state what cancer is and how and why it occurs;
- decipher simple and more complex medical terms associated with cancer;
- describe and explain the use of various diagnostic procedures used in cancer treatment;
- describe how the progression of cancer is recorded and how the stage and grade affects prognosis;
- explain different treatments for cancer, describing the side effects and the possible impact on the patient.
We have also developed a number of modules dealing with specific common cancers.