The Understanding Orthopaedics course is designed to give participants an overview of orthopaedics thus enabling them to be more effective in their roles.
The course looks in detail at the spine, knee, shoulder and wrist. Originally put together for a health insurer the course is ideal for anyone coming across issues related to orthopaedics in their day to day role.
This one day course is designed to enable participants to be able to:
- describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the musculoskeletal system;
- identify the position and names of bones;
- decipher medical terminology associated with orthopaedics;
- describe common spinal deformities and spinal injuries and the causes and treatment;
- understand hip and knee replacements and why they become necessary.